Pancake Ingredients for one person:
- One egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tbspn vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbspn wheat germ
- 1 tbspn complete plant-based protein powder
- 2 & 1/2 tbspn unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Additional oil or butter for greasing two mini 5-inch mini cast skillets) for pancakes and one small skillet for cooking egg(s)
- Honey for pancake when served
- Combine liquid items first–one egg, milk, oil and mix well.
- Then mix these powders together–wheat germ, complete protein powder, all-purpose unbleached flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- After mixing them well, add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir them well until all ingredients are well blended as seen in the following photo below:
Eggs come in different sizes. Therefore, if the batter is too thick, add a bit more milk. If it is too thin, add a bit more unbleached flour. Stir until the mixture is blended completely.
- Heat three small skillets, and lightly grease all three little skillets with vegetable oil or butter.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet until it fills out the skillet. (Or you may pour 1/2 of the batter into one skillet and pour the other half into another skillet. Also cook one or two eggs on another small pan.
- Brown on both sides of the pancakes and eggs.
- Flip when it is brown on one side, as seen in the photo. You may grease the pan again before you cook the other side. You may have to flip a couple of times. Avoid burning the pancakes.
I added honey on these pancakes and ate them with one pan-fried egg, baked hazelnuts and mixed fruits, and also with a cup of hot red date drink.
Hazelnuts are great tasting nuts, but they may be a better item to consume during the weekends when you can take your time to crack them with a nutcracker and enjoy them. Before preparing the pancakes, I just put them on a baking sheet and baked them for 15 minutes in my small oven at 350 degrees. It was ready to eat when I was done cooking my pancakes and egg. Hazelnuts taste very good to me. I have eaten a plateful of them!
I love treating myself good brunches on weekends. After a week of hard work, we deserve to treat ourselves and the family with nutritious breakfasts or brunches.