Red dates tea is one of my favorite drinks. it is not only tasty but also good for your health. My lousy photo does not do justice to its delicious flavor.
It is quite simple to make. You can get them in an Asian store or order them on line.
- Two to three cups of water
- 10 small red dates or six big red dates
- Add a couple of small pieces of sugar can rocks or add honey to your taste.
How to make it:
- Rinse dates well. And use a knife to slash them open (so their flavor can seep into hot water during simmering).
- Heat 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add dates after it is boiling and then simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Use a fork to crush the dates and the tea color will get darker. Then add sugar can rock or honey to your taste and serve.
You can eat the fruits along with the tea. Just make sure don’t swallow the seed inside the date or it might grow a tree in your tummy.
Yummy! Don’t miss out on this delicious tonic drink!
See below for the nutritional values of these fruits: