Besides shrimps, scallops are another dish that is very easy to make.
Ingredients for one person:
- Scallops –5 pieces to 7 pieces.
- One carrot, shredded
- Cabbage, shredded, cut enough for one person
- Garlic, chopped
- Ginger, shredded
- In one pan, add oil and half table spoon of butter to the pan over the medium high heat. and then put in some chopped garlic and shredded ginger into the hot pan. Add the scallops in before they are burned.
- After both sides of scallops turn brown, and Stir and turn down the heat to medium low and cover it up with lid and cook a bit more to make sure all are cooked through. Add sprinkle the dish with a bit of salt and pepper
- On a separate pan, add oil over medium high heat. Put in some chopped garlic into the hot pan and stir it a bit. Then add the cabbage and carrots and then stir-fry them for another three minutes. Add a little bit of salt and pepper. Always put a little bit at first and try it out. You can always put more salt if it is not salty enough.
Serve the scallop dish and vegetable dish over the rice.
If you have the cooked rice ready ahead of time, it would be quite easy to prepare for a meal with a scallop or shrimp dish and vegetable dish!
Tips for cooking a fast meal:
Keep frozen scallops, shrimp and frozen cooked rice in stock for quick and easy meals. All you need is cook scallops/shrimps with garlic and ginger and cook any vegetables you have in the refrigerator. You will have a very healthy meal.
You may also be interested in seeing the following post: